2010-11-16

Amersham, adults and disguise

I reached Amersham, a small village, by nightfall, and the seemingly tireless children had not only followed me, but also seemed to have called for a welcoming party, people dressed in blue. I found the situation more than just a bit uncanny, how could someone from the outside be hunted down like an animal this way?

The adults themselves wore practically the same dirty and worn out clothes, showed nearly the same, stern expression on their faces, and had with not too much effort managed to trap me even though their bodies looked meager and thin. At that moment I fully understood why I looked foreign in my black boots and long coat, and my face looked a lot livelier as well I presume. They carelessly brought me along throughout the town underground towards who knows where, and there i managed my second escape, this time with success. I used the chloroform in my pocket to make them fall unconcious and also stole one of their uniforms. 

I have never felt more guilty for borrowing clothes before. Perhaps I'm becoming more and more of an Oceanian.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar